Carbon monoxide is an odourless, colourless gas, which is difficult to detect, and causes approximately 40 accidental deaths each year.
Many of these deaths are preventable through regular servicing of your appliances by registered engineers. The installation of an audible carbon monoxide alarm can also be an additional safeguard.
There are a number of indicators, which may suggest that you have carbon monoxide in your home:
• Black sooty marks on or around your appliances
• Yellow flames instead of blue from your gas appliance mean that you need to get it checked.